Re: analyze vs dbms_stats

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:54:04 -0400

From: oracle-l_at_freelists.org=0D
Date: 06/25/04 12:34:54=0D
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org=0D
Subject: analyze vs dbms_stats=0D
 =0D
I'm trying to get our shop to convert from analyze to dbms_stats.=0D I'm running into some "strange" results though and wanted to see if I'm=0D missing something or you have some advice.=0D  =0D
analyze command:=0D
ESTIMATE STATISTICS SAMPLE 30=0D
  PERCENT=0D
  FOR TABLE FOR ALL INDEXES FOR ALL INDEXED COLUMNS SIZE 254=0D  =0D
dbms_stats code I'm running:=0D
exec DBMS_STATS.GATHER_TABLE_STATS ( -=0D

   ownname    =3D>    'STATION_TEST', -=0D
   tabname    =3D>    'MEMBERS', -=0D
   partname   =3D>    NULL, -=0D

   estimate_percent =3D> 30, -=0D
   block_sample =3D> FALSE, -=0D
   method_opt =3D> 'FOR ALL COLUMNS SIZE 254', -=0D
   degree      =3D>     0, -=0D
   granularity =3D>    'DEFAULT', -=0D
   cascade     =3D>   TRUE, -=0D
   stattab     =3D>  NULL, -=0D