RE: An Oracle Utilities Pocket Reference?

From: Michael Milligan <>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:56:05 -0500

I have seven of the O'Reilly Pocket References. Most I don't use very often. I like the newest SQL*Plus reference because it was expanded enough to make it useful. I believe you wrote that. The first edition was good but the second edition is excellent.

In general, the Pocket References just don't give information that can't be obtained through -help. They should, IMHO, include truly useful tips and traps, and be organized in a way that makes finding what you need useful. Also include a tear-out reference of most used parameters, etc., and you could have a very good thing.

I have Dave Moore's book on Oracle Utilities, which I think is good so far. However, there is a place for what you want to do if you write it as well as you did your SQL*Plus Pocket Reference and include tips not in the -help.

Michael Milligan
Oracle Certified Professional DBA
PowerTrak DBA Field Group
Ingenix, Inc.