RE: SQL to sort based on a field condition

From: Larry Elkins <elkinsl_at_flash.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:43:04 -0500

SQL> select f1,f2,f3
  2 from temptable
  3 order by f1, f3 desc, f2
  4 /

F1                   F2                   F
-------------------- -------------------- -
CASE                 TIGER                Y
CASE                 MONKEY               N
CASE                 OWL                  N
ZOO                  ORANGE               Y
ZOO                  APPLE                N
ZOO                  BANANA               N

6 rows selected.

Regards,

Larry G. Elkins
elkinsl_at_flash.net