RE: Next Extent Failure Notification for Locally Managed Tablespaces

From: Shawn Ferris <shawn_at_virtualsmf.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:04:55 -0600 (MDT)

> I searched at the old Oracle-L archives ( http://www.fatcity.com/ ),
> year 2003, word "autoallocate" in all fields and found a thread on the
> subject from last year. I will take the liberty of copying one of my
> posts from that thread, confirming that your code should be correct:

That's the logic I followed when designing the query.. I think I pulled it (the logic.. unfortunately, not the query.. or maybe fortunately) out of the Oracle manual.. and I tested it fairly thoroughly. The only thing that wasn't clear was oracles interpretation of a MB.. (1024 * 1024 vs. 1024 * 1000)

This is actually part of a bigger script that I use to monitor extents and adds a threshold. (Segment can't extend 5 times.. etc) So, I know well ahead of time that the segment is outgrowing the tablespace. I usually run it once a day, assuming something wont extend more than the threshold, in a single day.

Shawn