RE: Buffer cache hot ratio

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:06:08 -0400

Ok, you restarted the instance and the buffer cache hit ratio increased. Could be a lot of different reasons for that. I'm not sure what you mean by "buffer cache hot ration", which you apparently want to decrease. What does "buffer cache hot ration" mean?

Note that in general, the buffer cache hit ratio is not a valid performance metric. You're far better off on a per-business-function basis, starting with the most critical. Investigate it. Why is it not performing? Trace the session. See where that leads you.

Hope that helps,

-Mark