RE: Performance question

From: Harvinder Singh <Harvinder.Singh_at_MetraTech.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:15:00 -0400

Mark,

We are using LMT with ASSM. Extent allocation mode is uniform and not autoallocate. So freelists is not applicable.

Thanks
--Harvinder

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Harvinder Singh Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 2:29 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

We are using LMT with uniform clause so freelist not applicable.. I ran the 10046,8 and copy the output in original email: Wait events looks like: 90% of db file sequential read wait is on file containing indexes for table.
Elapsed times include waiting on following events:

  Event waited on                             Times   Max. Wait  Total
Waited

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Harvinder Singh Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 2:00 PM
To: ryan.gaffuri_at_comcast.net; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

It is run in a loop and we insert 1000 sets of 1000 records and commit after every run that means after every 1000 rows. When I try to run this procedure from 2 sessions to insert 2M records performance degraded more.....This is the only user connected to database.