Re: what is obj$.type#=10?

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:04:32 +0100

Your original post about type# = 10 was correct - I did post something a long time ago about Oracle keeping obj# rows intact as type# = 10.

I think, at the time, that it was keeping two or three types, including tables. At present though it may only be keeping only synonyms (including private ones for objects in your own schema) and the only way that you can re-use those object numbers is to create a new synonym of the same name (which can reference a different object).

In this case, the type# = 10 really is the row for the object you have dropped, and not a previously existing "non-existent" object.

I don't have any idea at present why Oracle does this.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ