Re: Grid skepticism

From: Michael Thomas <mhthomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:06:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Not. That's not going to happen very much in my opinion.

In a global economy, IT service providers in <insert country> are not paying Oracle licenses anyway. Check statistics for percentage of crib software by country. Corporations are starting to use these service providors off-shore, and, like magic, no license cost problems. :-(

Or, the threat of that happening (and/or current market IT software sales slump) will intervene to cause a balance in license payments. :-)

Anyway, I just read an article yesterday, sorry lost the link, saying people are getting 70-80% discounts on Oracle, et al, licenses already.

Nice try by that guy though.

Regards,

Mike Thomas

Do You Yahoo!?