Re: Generic Connectivity

From: <jtesta_at_dmc-it.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:09:26 -0400 (EDT)

Once you get to a third third party, then you'll have a whole party or a whole database. :)

joe

original message below

 On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:54:11 -0400, Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com> wrote:

 Niall, SQL Server comes with the ability to read and write to Oracle  tables practically out of the box. All you need is an Oracle client  installed on the SQL Server box. Any changes you make to the source  of the data that needs to be transferred to Oracle is probably going  to require a change to the process that transfers the data. It would  probably get easiest to make these changes at the source.  Thanks, the concern we have isn't the capability of linked servers/DTS -  I think they are fantastic - it is one third party wanting to  install their executable code on a second third party's database.

 hmmm second third party that didn't come out right.

 --
 Niall Litchfield
 Oracle DBA