RE: Generic Connectivity

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:54:11 -0400

Niall, SQL Server comes with the ability to read and write to Oracle tables practically out of the box. All you need is an Oracle client installed on the SQL Server box. Any changes you make to the source of the data that needs to be transferred to Oracle is probably going to require a change to the process that transfers the data. It would probably get easiest to make these changes at the source.

Only if I needed to pull or push from Oracle would I look as HS. I had set up and tested HS from AIX to SQL Server on NT4 using the Data Direct driver. Development chose to go with Java code instead since it was/is our development direction.