RE: Job Scheduling Tool

From: Graeme Farmer <graeme.farmer_at_mincom.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:48:11 +1000

The bug relates to Windows (multi-cpu) machines so cron is no good.

Windows Task Scheduler is your next best option for a freebie. Scripting in Windows is not the most fun but if all you're doing is calling a stored procedure or executing sqlldr then it doesn't need to be overly complex.

Cheers,
Graeme.

From: Freeman, Donald [mailto:dofreeman_at_state.pa.us] Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 9:32 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Job Scheduling Tool

We have been using the Oracle OEM to schedule our critical nightly = warehouse ETL and have been hit with bug 3092358 in which the Oracle = agent intermittently hangs stopping the process. The fix is scheduled to = be released in the 9.2.0.6 patch in September. =20

We want to replace the OEM job scheduler with a better one. We have = been looking at the Embarcadero job scheduler which seems moderately = priced, gives a lot more flexibility in creating dependecies between = jobs, and provides a failover capability. I have also contacted BMC for = info.=20

What are other members of the list using and would recommend?

This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is confidential information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender and delete the transmission. The contents of this e-mail are the opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Limited unless expressly stated otherwise.