Oracle general purpose monitoring tool

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:15:21 -0400

To ALL including and especially any sales droids on the list,

        I have a need to replace the server and software that we currently have = that allows duhvelopers to look and see what is going on in the = database. We're currently using Mamba (the free release) from Luminate. =  Regrettably it does not appreciate Oracle 9i and the upgraded version = comes with a pile of strings attached which damanagement does not = appreciate or want. Here are the requirements for the software:

  1. WEB based. Preferably Apache and multi-platform support in = particular Linux (Red Hat)
  2. Simple to interpret. Remember we're talking about developers and = some upper management types.
  3. READ ONLY. No one should be able to manipulate any part of the = database with this tool.
  4. Must display all locking activity, emphasis on finding blocking = locks.
  5. Must be able to display the SQL statement (full) that the session is = executing and the explain plan(optional).

Anyone who knows of something that will handle this, please contact me = offline.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA
dgoulet_at_vicr.com