RE: Problem upgrading from Windows 2000 Oracle 8.0.6 to Oracle 9.2.0.1.0

From: Paul Vincent <Paul.Vincent_at_uce.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:21:18 +0100

Solved the "sqlplus" problem - it wasn't anything to do with setting = ORACLE_SID (tried that - didn't work). The trick is to set the "LOCAL" = system variable to the name of the required instance. Setting a system = variable made it permanent, but the same affect could be achieved = temporarily in a DOS window by typing "set LOCAL=3Dxxxxxx" before typing = "sqlplus".

Another thing I never knew (and didn't know I didn't know)!

That still hasn't solved the main problem with Database Upgrade = Assistant, alas...

Cheers,

Paul