RE: korn shell and arithmetic

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:59:05 -0700

oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org wrote on 06/22/2004 10:39:12 AM:
> [...]
Labs)
> ksh -- ksh88 and ksh93. ksh93 is the one you want. If you are on
Linux,
> you probably have public domain ksh (pdksh ... which isn't called pdksh
on
> Linux because the Linux propeller heads want you to believe there is
> something wrong with ksh) which is broke and should not be used; but the
> Linux propeller heads insist on including the broken ksh because they,
in
> their infallible wisdom, have decided you should use bash. If you are
in
> this situation, ksh93 can be downloaded for free.

kshpd may be 'broken', but my trusty, time-tested and reliable .profile and
.kshrc work properly with the PD version, which is more than I can say for the 93 version.

In particular, it mucks up my PS1. It ain't worth the time to rectify so that I can do [ (( 1.2 > 1.1 ) ].

That's what Perl is for.

Jared