RE: [Fwd: Re: IDE for Oracle database]

From: <Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 09:02:03 -0500

Long live ksh!

Back in my Unix admin days I remember installing a GUI text editor for those who absolutely detested vi. I have since tried many times to remember what it was. For programming, it color coded the text according to the function of the text within the program. If one was clever and industrious, one could write custom add-on modules for it, and such modules were available on the internet. It might be interesting to see if there is a PL/SQL module for it.

Once one gets used to vi (or its variants), one becomes forever attached to the speed at which things can be done. "Look folks, I can edit this text and at no time do my fingers ever leave my hands."

Back to that GUI editor: What I thought was most impressive about it was that it was written using only X. Not Motif, not Athena. Just X. Oooooooh. Aaaaaaaah. We're not worthy! We're not worthy!

If, based on my description, anyone can make a good guess about what the editor is, I would appreciate it.