RE: PL/SQL text within TRIGGERs

From: Justin Cave <justin_at_askddbc.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 03:47:20 -0600

This is generally still a good recommendation. Tom Kyte has a discussion of this here:
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:750770687 5149

The Cliff Notes version is that trigger code has to be (soft) parsed on each execution, so you'll get more scalability embedding the code in stored procedures.

Justin Cave
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC