RE: SAP and TSReorg

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 10:14:28 +0100

Actually TSReorg was an old Platinum tool, now owned by CA. Quest's reorg tool is Live Reorg. We also sell a tool that has just been tested by SAP in their labs - called NORAD DBControl Online, from Bradmark.

<minor plug>

http://www.cool-tools.co.uk/products/docs/sap_execsummary_for_dbcontrol_ online.pdf

</minor plug>

The major benefits are for sorting out row migrations, and for changing from regular tables to partitioned tables, although you probably won't be doing that on a regular basis. There is also the case of reclaiming wasted disk space, many of you think it's not an issue, and many of you (perhaps not all on this list) think that it is an issue. I guess = that=92s
up to the DBA and the actual environment you are in.=20

Mark