RE: db block size

From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:57:00 -0700 (PDT)

Pete,

I was planning on using a 2KB block size for tables with a large amount of DML contention. Yes, a re-design would be better, but in the short run (which I'm sure that you dislike that phrase very much) we'd have less concurrency issues if the rows were spread over a larger number of blocks, while not using lots more 8KB blocks to do so.

are you saying that there are no exceptions to the "Absolutely zero benefits" clause above?

Paul