RE: Question about Append hint in Insert

From: Lex de Haan <lex.de.haan_at_naturaljoin.nl>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:27:40 +0200

yes, there are:
for example, if you have a UNIQUE constraint with an underlying non-unique index,
you can disable the constraint without the need to drop the index; this provides some additional flexibility. and obviously, you *need* a non-unique index
in case you want the constraint to be deferrable. I am sure others on this list can provide more examples of subtle differences...

Kind regards,
Lex.

visit my website at http://www.naturaljoin.nl