RE: DBMS_STATS [resend chomped version]

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 07:53:31 -0400

I use the AUTO variable in all my stats gathering processes. Call me naive, but if the Oracle docs says to use AUTO, then I will use it. I get the feeling that AUTO means complete, because the "sample size" variable in the USER_TABLES view always has the total number of rows. Maybe a future release will be different, but I'm happy with how it's working.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional