RE: The best CPU usage measurement in Oracle: BUFFER_GETS or CPU_TIME?

From: <J.Velikanovs_at_alise.lv>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:04:35 +0300

>> My point is: may be now the better measure is CPU_TIME? I show in
previous
>> posting situation then CPU_TIME figure is 10 times accurate then
BUFFER_GETS.
>> Can you show me contrariwise situation?
>>
>> [Cary Millsap] No, I think you're actually on the best path to the
solution.
Lets me ask contrariwise question:
Are there situations when using statspack report (if using) or other instance wide performance tool the better way to see TOP SQL-s is sort by BUFFER_GETS not CPU_TIME?

Jurijs

Additional info from previous postings:

  1. Activity
    NAME VALUE
    session logical reads 23002 CPU used by this session 137

2. Activity

NAME VALUE

session logical reads 23006
CPU used by this session 1422