FW: The best CPU usage measurement in Oracle: BUFFER_GETS or CPU_TIME?

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:50:08 -0500

Dan, I think you've said this very nicely.

Everyone, For a great example of this phenomenon that Dan's talking about, take a look at the case study in "Selected topics in Oracle performance problem diag..." at www.hotsos.com/e-library.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com
* Nullius in verba *

Upcoming events:

- Performance Diagnosis 101: 6/22 Pittsburgh, 7/20 Cleveland, 8/10 Boston
- SQL Optimization 101: 5/24 San Diego, 6/14 Chicago, 6/28 Denver
- Hotsos Symposium 2005: March 6-10 Dallas
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...