RE: Has the Lists "Mission Statement" Changed???

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:58:35 -0400

Eva,

        I must admit that sometimes I see a question asked where my first reaction is RTFM. Given that I prefer to simply delete the message vs. burn the lists bandwidth to no purpose. Also many times people ask a question without stating what OS their on and what version. These all make a significant difference in what you get back. For one I will not normally answer questions on Windows since I don't run a database on Windows. Also I don't answer questions on 10g because I'm not running 10g around here, yet(CD's are on my desk). I'm also on several mailing lists for PostGreSql, DB2 and (yeah this stinks) SQL*Server, so very often your question gets lost in the mess, especially early in the morning.

        As for repairing a data block, did that MANY years ago with the help of OTS, not someplace for anyone to go lightly. Best to relocate the file to another disk drive, preferably from a backup & recover it.

        I can't say that I saw your question of auditing. If you'll repost it, privately if you like, I'll see if I can help.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA
dgoulet_at_vicr.com