RE: [Fwd: RE: Has the Lists 'Mission Statement' Changed???]

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:43:29 -0400

rofl. "Proactive" is a made up word for planning ahead (Sloan school, I believe). Such words are created to influence you to think that someone knows something you don't (okay, and sometimes they create a new useful shorthand for a topic.)

My favorite is "pessimal" which I coined as an antonym for optimal on the occasion of coming upon a custom sort routine that ran in n squared time (even on an already sorted list). Now I'm sure you can do worse, but you'd really have to try.

I hope this was short and impactful enough that Jared doesn't feel the need to make something impact on my head.

mwf