RE: OracleText: Search for exact string match

From: Grant Allen <Grant.Allen_at_towersoft.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 15:16:18 +1000

Susan,

I'm a bit rusty on the precision syntax, but I think you'd need

 select textid, text from text_table where contains(text,'{Lethal Weapon 2}') = 100

i.e. 100% match from contains() ... not the "more than 0% match" that you had.

I'm happy to be corrected by those in the know.

Ciao
Fuzzy
:-)

"Everything you think, do, and say