RE: To set events or not set events, that is the question

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:57:33 -0700

Rich,

>I've got a TAR open to get the Official Word, but does anyone
>have a good reason why this or other "error" event (like 1652
>to determine who the hell used up 2GB of TEMP) should NOT be
>in an init.ora for any version of Oracle???

I have 1652, 1555 and 4031 events set on most (if not all) of our databases here, many of them OraApps databases (which are strict in what they can/cannot have in init.ora) and never had any issue with Oracle Support about these events. You could always explain what these mean and the benefits in your iTAR and ask for alternate ways of doing it (there are none as simple)...

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Grace - Getting something we do NOT deserve Mercy - NOT getting something we DO deserve Click on 'http://www.needhim.org' for Grace and Mercy that is freely available!