Re: Terminate Jnnn process in DBMS_JOB

From: Sai Selvaganesan <ssaisundar_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:03:26 -0700 (PDT)

hi

job_queue_interval is now an underscore parameter in 9i.

Instance Parameter and Value                       Description          Dflt?

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------- -----
_job_queue_interval = 5 Wakeup interval in TRUE seconds for job queue co-ordinator job_queue_processes = 1 number of job queue FALSE slave processes

please see whether this would help.

thanks
sai
Connie Zhang <connie.zhang_at_verizon.net> wrote: I have orcl 9.2.0.4 on WIN2K platform

According oracle documentation about DBMS_JOB in 9i JOB_QUEUE_INTERVAL is obsolete.
If the JOB_QUEUE_PROCESS initialization is greater than 0, the CJQ0 process remains actives, scanning the job queue for available work, so the JOB_QUEUE_INTERVAL processes is no longer needed. When CJQ0 finds work waiting to be done, it starts more Jnnn processes automatically, up to the limit specified by the initialization parameter JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES. when a Jnnn process finishes execution of a job, it polls for another job to execute. If there are no jobs selected for execution, it enters an idle state, but wakes up periodically to poll again. If after a predetermined number of tries, it still finds no jobs to execute, it terminates.

what is a predetermined number of tries here, can we change it? and how?

I have
job_queue_processes = 1 in the parameter level

I have an auditing application which have a dbms_job which set interval as sysdate+1/24/60*1

When we want to shutdown database cleanly, it always have a child processes are named Jnnn where nnn starts at 000 and increments by 1 running...

how can we terminate these Jnnn process? Can we change total time consuming for a predetermined number of tries?

Wish any of one pls share your solution. Thanks!

Connie