Re: AIX(VERSION 4) /Oracle8172

From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:16:09 -0700 (PDT)

seema,
are your datafiles and archivelogdest on the same mount point. it could be since you increased your datafile size your archivelogs dont have enough space. this error is the fact that the archivelogs cannot be written to disk. Also you might want to consider moving archvielogs from their dest to another disk or tape sooner.

Seema Singh <oracledbam_at_hotmail.com> wrote: Hi,

I have one instance on AIX version 4 .This instance is crashing on regular basis.I have been noticing following problem.

ORA-16038: log 3 sequence# 723 cannot be archived
ORA-19502: write error on file "", blockno (blocksize=)
ORA-00312: online log 3 thread 1: '/u02/oradata/DSS/redo3a.log'
ORA-00312: online log 3 thread 1: '/u04/oradata/DSS/redo3b.log'
ARCH: Connecting to console port...
ARCH: or
ORA-00476: RECO process terminated with error PMON: terminating instance due to error 476 Instance terminated by PMON, pid = 133128 or
ARC1: Error 19504 creating archivelog file '/u06/oracle/b

These all errors are coming since we created maxsize 2048m of datafiles in autoextend mode.
AIX version is 4.I'm assuming AIX 4 doesn't handle 2GB files.Metalink say it's due to file size.Doesn any one have such situation in past? If yes how did fixed pl? ANy suggestions are welcome. thx
-seema

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/