Re: corrupt datafile

From: Terry Sutton <terrysutton_at_usa.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:35:48 -0700

(resent with excessive quoting deleted)

Hey Michael,

Yeah, I hope they learn something from this. The most absurd part is that their database is only ~50GB. I can accept that a place on a tight budget postpones affording new Solaris arrays, etc., but compressed copies of backups & archive logs for several days could be kept on a PC disk drive that can be bought for <$200.

I'm just hope they can recover enough of what they need to get back up & running in some limited extent. They won't be a new client for long if they're not in business.

--Terry