Re: SAP Reorgs

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 10:07:29 -0700

Hi Dan,

First thing to ask is "Why are you doing this?"

"Have you identified transaction that will benefit from this?"

SAP Basis admins often have it drummed into their heads that Oracle databases ( or indeed, any database) must be regularly reorganized.

They do not however have any reason for doing so, other than "It improves performance", which is a nebulous claim.

If however they identify some processes that they would like to speed up, perhaps you could talk them them into some specific tuning targets?

Jared