RE: Looking for suggestions...

From: Graeme Farmer <graeme.farmer_at_mincom.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 00:27:27 +1000

Mary,

It seems to me that resetting the ACCTLOCK field to 0 is un-necessary unless another access is requested via this account.

Therefore, instead of scheduling a job to run via dbms_job wouldn't it be simpler to have the application check the LASUPDDTTM against current time on logon and if > 30 minutes then it doesn't really matter what value is in ACCTLOCK!! If it is 1 then set it to 0 if valid credentials are passed, otherwise leave the value at 1 (after another 4 attempts!) and update LASTUPDDTTM. If < 30 minutes and ACCTLOCK = 1 then disconnect immediately. If < 30 minutes and ACCTLOCK = 0 then no problem!

This assumes you have access to change this logic in the code which I assume you have given that you have already implemented the lock-out.

Cheers,
Graeme.