RE: RMAN -Help

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:39:40 -0400

I am still here, and I still have those scripts, but if you are using 9i just look in ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo at the case1(thru 4).rcv scripts. These are what I am using now. I you are trying to use an rman backup to make a copy on a new box, the see case4.rcv. It will tell you how to create a duplicate (clone) database. Then look at the documentation for the DBNEWID stuff. This allows you to assign a new dbid and new db_name to the clone. Very slick!

If you still are having trouble, just post again.

Good luck,
Ruth