RE: Stop defragmenting and start ...

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:27:41 -0500

Robyn

   I'm not sure what you are asking, so I may not be responding to your question. I don't recall the "Stop Defragmenting . . ." paper recommended anything other than LMT. After reading that paper, I was wondering which variety of LMT to use and I found a page on Oracle's Web site that stated that Oracle recommended LMT with uniform extents. Probably long disappeared.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com