Re: strange behavior in 9.2.0.4 - no blocks in keep buffer (KEEP broken?)

From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 22:06:15 -0700 (PDT)

Connor,

All that I did to make it work was, give it some time. I was distracted by other things.
By the time I recompiled the view with Jonathan's fix, the keep pool was populated.
the environment was not so tightly controlled, as some developers were testing code there, but none with dba access (sys_privs, role) of course. I wish I knew what kicked in the 'normal' behavior.

this one took a back seat to a test case that ran fine in 8.1.7, but blew thru 3.5 GB of temp in 9.2 when optimizer_features_enabled was set forward to 9.2.

does one *have* to open an iTAR to use
_complex_view_merging in production?

Paul

Do you Yahoo!?