IA subagent stopping

From: Rusnak, George A. (SEC-Lee) CTR <george.rusnak_at_deca.mil>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 17:13:28 -0400

Group,
We have set up an event from OEM (9.2.0.1) to do node checking , HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800. We have within the past couple of weeks been getting the following message for each instance on the node: Node Name : manxx01-iiu.deca.mil
Name : Verify_ALL_DBs_Up
Target Name : CDRGE.deca.mil
Target Type : Database

Node UpDown
 VNI-4009 : Cannot contact agent on the node. Agent may be down or network communication to the node has failed.
NODE UNREACHABLE
Jun 09 2004 02:06:16 PM
Database UpDown
Event test "Database UpDown" is cleared CLEARED
Jun 08 2004 06:20:50 PM

When checking on this instance via LSNRCTL dbsnmp_status, the message is that the subagent has not been started.

Cannot say that there has not been changes made to the system. We are just running out of ides of how to run this problem to ground.

TIA Al Rusnak
DBA - CISIS, Computer Operations