RE: Future DBA job outlook

From: David Green <thump_at_cosmiccooler.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 13:56:23 -0500 (CDT)

Okay, I may have read to much into that, but I think others on here are doingb thr same. When I read starting salary, I read it as someone startign out as a DBA, not the intitial salary for a seasoned DBA. For a seasoned DBA, I would say those figures are accurate for Dallas and Houston. That is, if you can find an opening and then secure that position that several hundred applicants are going for that are currently unemployed. Dallas and Houston markets are about the same and I wuld say that many more positions are closer to the lower end of the scale mentioned than the upper end. Very few opps in Texas right now are going to pay 101k.

Also, Robert Half Tech. are one of the greediest companies out there. Take a look on Monster at the rates being offered for consultant in Texas and Florida by robert Half and keep in mind they are billing out at twice those rates.