RE: Re-installing Oracle 9i registry entries in Windohs

From: Looney, Jason <Jason.Looney_at_echostar.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:25:59 -0600

Did the migration finish? If it did then you will need to reinstall oracle and execute oradim again. This will create the services for the database and the password file. At that point you can use the existing control files and init.ora to get the instance up again. If it didn't finish the migration then I would recreate the instance from scratch and import your backup. You did perform a backup, right?

Jason.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jesse, Rich Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 11:41 AM
To: ORACLE-L (E-mail)

Hey all,

I lost my C: drive on my desktop this weekend (right during an 8i->9i migration!), but I installed Oracle 9.2.0.4 (server, I think) on another HD. Obviously, the registry entries are gone and I'm thinking Oracle's not going to work.

Anyone fixed this before? Is it just a matter of trying the Installer or do I actually have to redo the whole freaking install?

TIA,
Rich

rjesse_at_qtiworld.com                  Quad/Tech Inc, Sussex, WI USA