Re: Oracle 9.2 changes in INIT

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 22:03:26 +0100

Yes it was. It isn't what it says though. I did log an iTar and it was accepted as a documentation bug in the end - initially they told me to use maxextents unlimited :(. The docs are revised in 10g. This is how it is supposed to work, and hey it did.

 --
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

Weren't those numbers the maximum number of extents for a segment in 7.1 (before unlimited extents)?

Table 7-6 Maximum Number of Extents for Each Database

Typical Block Sizes Number of Extents

 2 KB                       121
 4 KB                       255
 8 KB                       504