RE: Oracle 9.2 changes in INIT

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:39:44 -0700

Ah, yes, that was it.

It has been so long since seeing limits on extents that I had forgotten about it.

Jared

"Jacques Kilchoer" <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com> Sent by: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
06/08/2004 11:09 AM
Please respond to
oracle-l_at_freelists.org

<oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Oracle 9.2 changes in INIT

Weren't those numbers the maximum number of extents for a segment in 7.1 (before unlimited extents)?
Table 7-6 Maximum Number of Extents for Each Database Typical Block Sizes Number of Extents

 2 KB                       121
 4 KB                       255
 8 KB                       504
16 KB                      1032
32 KB                      2070

Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

Niall,

You obviously missed a cue when planning your database.

It should have been created with a 32k blocksize, allowing 2070 extents in your database. ;)

Seriously though, I don't understand the purpose of table 7-6 at all.

Was this doc written April 1st?

Jared