RE: CBO irregularity

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:37:39 -0500

Fuad

    We haven't been hit with Sarbaines-Oxley yet. I first heard of CoBIT in Jared's posting this morning. Can you explain why staging cannot be a duplicate of production under Sarbaines-Oxley requirements? ITIL requires it.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Rachel Carmichael Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 9:44 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

there is dev, QA and production and then there is dev, QA and production

I have all 3 environments, supposedly. QA does not accurately mimic production and in fact, we almost had to roll back a major production release because real load showed problems not found in the QA load test.

Dev is even worse... but TECHNICALLY we have all 3 environments