Re: Re: New session proposed at OOW

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 23:45:26 +1000

Hi Ryan,

I *don't* hate anybody. I really mean that.

I just don't like the quality of many of Don's writings. It's really just as simply as that. And when he refused to even acknowledge my private emails to him highlighting various issues, I had no problem with highlighting my opinions openly when his articles were discussed.

I don't like the way he's subsequently conducted himself, I think his postings on c.d.o.s. these past few days have been absolutely appalling.

I don't like the way he sent a threatening email directly to a customer of mine, threatening expensive legal action primarily because of an index presentation of mine that included a couple of his quotes, a presentation that had absolutely nothing to do with the customer at all. His motives are clearly to get me in some kind of trouble and somehow intimidate me. Well he won't succeed, I promise you.

In this whole, I have to say, embarrassing debate on c.d.o.s, I have tried to stay civil and move the discussion to more technical issues. Let's see what happens.

But I take exception to any suggestions that I "hate" anyone. There's already too much hate in the world ...

Cheers

Richard

> Would be really funny if we can have a jerry springer type crowd, that
will hiss and boo when they don't like the responses. We can do an American Idol type balloting and the loser gets hit with pies.