Re: V $SQLAREA

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:40:16 +0100

Yes,

The hash value is derived only from the SQL. The current setting is of the module (set by the dbms_application_info package, I believe) is a completely independent item. Possibly this piece of SQL is called in a common subroutine that can be called from several different named modules.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated May 1st

: Hi List,
:
:
: I had identified following hash_value from v$sqlarea on "07-MAY-2004 "
: == Hash Value : 3482349917 Module : SR0010F
: ==Hash Value : 4074394290 Module : SR0010F
:
: And on "07-Jun-2004" , the same has value against
: == Hash Value : 3482349917 Module : EQ5040B
: ==Hash Value : 4074394290 Module : EQ5040B
:
: Is is possible that same hash value can come under different module?
:
:
:
: Manoj Kumar Jha
:
:
: --------------------------------------------------------------------------

: The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the
: e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be privileged. If
you
: are not the addressee of this e-mail you should not copy, forward,
disclose or
: otherwise use it or any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you have
: received this e-mail in error please notify us by telephone or e-mail the
: sender by replying to this message, and then delete the e-mail and other
: copies of it from your computer system. Thank you.
:
: We believe this email to be virus free but do not warrant that this is the
: case and we will not accept liability for any losses arising from any
virus
: being transmitted unintentionally by us.
:
: We reserve the right to monitor all E-mail communications through our
network
:
: Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com
: To unsubscribe send email to: oracle-l-request_at_freelists.org
: put 'unsubscribe' in the subject line.
: --
: Archives are at http://www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/
: FAQ is at http://www.freelists.org/help/fom-serve/cache/1.html
: