Re: Anybody?

From: Fernando <fernandoluis_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 13:34:17 -0700

Hamid, It's kind of a "not usual" experience to send 40Mb files through ODBC. You have much less overhead if you just use FTP or other method that doesn't have a SQLNet overhead.

But what do you mean by "controlling" the buffer, amount & position? These vars are used to process these large files by chunks, so, if you could read a chunk from the OS, network, etc, and add it to the BLOB that way. If you mean to call several times the procedure (? don't know if I understood your question), then you should probably return these values also.

I am not sure about Position starting at 1. Normally is zero, isn't it? But I have only used these chunk functions in C.