Re: What can cause a rapid frequency of log switches?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 22:50:15 +0100

Oh I read that as

"I've run my monitoring tool and it tells me for sure that there is nothing going on. "

Obviously I'd never do that myself - oh no - I always set everything up just right and remember where I am at all times... Er I'll get me coat.

Niall

So,

why would a
database monitoring tool cause so much data activity? hmmmm... makes me wonder ...
Raj

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at nospamespn dot com All Views expressed in this email are strictly personal. select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements; QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jacques Kilchoer Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 7:12 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: What can cause a rapid frequency of log switches?

Thanks to everyone that answered. The log switches were caused by activity in the database. It turns out that he was running Spotlight on the wrong instance and thought for sure there was nothing going on in the database with the high amount of log switches.