(no subject)

From: <jtesta_at_dmc-it.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 15:00:04 -0400 (EDT)

I guess what is more the point is block level recovery with rman, not so much that it can detect it but that it can recovery JUST that block(9i feature only).

joe

orignal message below

 Paul, Tom
   More to the point: what is a good data corruption checker? People have  noted on this list that RMAN hasn't caught corruption in their database.  Therefore I don't rely on it for that purpose. I export all tables each  week. If anyone has had export fail to catch a database corruption,  please post a reply.

 Dennis Williams
 DBA
 Lifetouch, Inc.
 dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com