RE: [Fwd: RE:]

From: <jtesta_at_dmc-it.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:53:55 -0400 (EDT)

We have "on-demand" loads from a teradata warehouse, so we got a long down time window at end of month for backups but they want shorter times for backups during the rest of the month, so RMAN or any other block-type level backup tool will work for us.

joe

original message below

 Joe,

 Interesting. We are wrestling with our warehouse backups. Currently  doing a cold backup after the weekly loads. I'm not sure if this would  help us or not. We don't have monthly loads like you do.  Tom Mercadante
 Oracle Certified Professional