RE: ESRI ArcSDE application

From: Browett, Darren <dbrowett_at_coquitlam.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:51:34 -0700

It doesn't require its own oracle home, the configuration allows you to reference the oracle home of the database.

Darren

From: Fuad Arshad [mailto:fuadar_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 11:42 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: ESRI ArcSDE application

We're working on an ArcSde migration from sqlserver to oracle. i believe the version is 8.2
i was wondering if anyone had any gotchas or any information that we shoudl know. mind you the consultant we have has no clue of either unix nor oracle.
Also the consultants are recommending installing app on the database server instead of an app server. This is something i dont like and if anyone has done so reason why is it necessary ?.

Thanks

Fuad Arshad