Re: Hardware Question

From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:26:24 -0700 (PDT)

Jay,

2 words: eval unit

I would simply post that, but the quotebot won't let it fly, so I'll add some more ballast.
How about visiting the TPC site at http://www.tpc.org and checkout the TPC-C reports. Compare some bogomips of systems that have thousands of hard drives.

Currently waiting for a 64 bit driver for RHEL 3.0 ES 64 bit for an HP Opteron box, so I'm still in the land of 32 bit with the oompa loompas.

Pd

Do you Yahoo!?
Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger. http://messenger.yahoo.com/