Re: How to remove deleted Archive Logs from recovery catalog

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 09:48:59 -0700

> We were having a problem this morning that the archiver process on one
of
> the production databases was stuck.
> Our DBA just did a "rm *.arc" on the archive destinations directories.
Not
> really elegant, but it solved the immediate problem... ;)
>
> Now if we invoke RMAN, it "complains" that it would like to write the
(now
> non-existent) archive logs to tape.
>
> Is there any way to tell RMAN to skip the archive logs that are missing
and
> continue with the new ones?

This depends on the version of Oracle/RMAN that you are using.

8.0 - change archivelog all validate

8.1 - change archive log all crosscheck

9.2 - Sorry, you'll have to look that one up, I'm not   yet using RMAN on the 9i databases.

The 8.0 and 8.1 commands are on a post-it next to my monitor. :)

Jared