Re: Incremental Export in Oracle 9i

From: <jtesta_at_dmc-it.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:24:39 -0400 (EDT)

Dan, I made the statement as its been stated in the 9i docs and to make you feel better here is your proof:

[oracle_at_linux tmp]$ exp jtesta full=y inctype=cumulative

Export: Release 9.2.0.5.0 - Production on Fri Jun 4 12:30:54 2004

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Password:

Connected to: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.5.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.5.0 - Production
EXP-00041: INCTYPE parameter is obsolete

00041, 00000, "INCTYPE parameter is obsolete"

// *Cause:  Export encountered the INCTYPE parameter when parsing Export
//          options.  Incremental Exports are no longer supported.
// *Action: Consult the Oracle Backup and Recovery guide.
//          Export will attempt to continue.
[oracle_at_linux tmp]$

Joe